Print Walmart’s Ad Match Policy to put in your coupon binder and have on hand for easy reference!
Here are some of the key points from the policy:
- Walmart will ad match any printed ad within the local area.
- You do not need to have the ad with you to ad match.
- Price matched items must be identical – (size, quantity, etc.)
- Walmart will ad match produce and meat prices for the same unit type.
- The policy states that generic items will not be price matched. However, I know that some Walmart locations do ad match generics – so ask your specific Walmart manager for their individual store policy on this.
- Walmart will price match prices for stores that require a preferred shopping card price to get the lower price. The customer does not need to have the other store’s preferred card to receive the lower price.
- Walmart will match sales that others stores have that require you to buy a certain amount of items to get the lower price – as long as all the requirements are met (the amount of items required are bought). For example, Smith’s has their Mix and Match sale where you must buy 10 of the advertised items to get the lower price.
- Buy One Get One Free Sales will be price matched if the actual price is listed. If the price cannot be determined – then it will not be price matched.
- Prices after Register Rewards, +Up Rewards, Gift Cards, or catalinas will not be matched.
- Internet pricing, ad misprints, going out of business, and close out sales, are not price matched.
- See Walmart’s Ad Match Policy for all the details.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please refer to our Disclosure Policy.