Only 2 more weeks for this AMAZING Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival. I went this weekend with my family for our first time ever, and it was incredible! We sort of had a personal tour, as my in-laws who have Thanksgiving Point memberships live nearby and have been several times. They are familiar with the paths and highlights, which was perfect for us, since we were a bit short on time. My sister-in-law is a volunteer there with USU Extension, and she mentioned that when it’s all over they dig up the tulip bulbs to sell them, so GO NOW!
Festival hours: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday – Saturday
Tickets can be purchased at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. The cost for the Tulip Festival is $20 for adults, $17 for seniors children aged 3-12. 2 and under are FREE. **FREE for Thanksgiving Point Members, and 25% discount for military with valid ID.
Thanksgiving Point in Lehi
3900 N. Garden Dr.
Want more information? Head here!
TIPS AND WHAT TO EXPECT:
1. If you don’t have your own personal tour guides (including cute, giggly cousins), not to worry! There are free maps available of the property. You can also plan your trip for 12 noon, when you can participate in a a guided Garden Tour through the 55-acre paradise.
2. If you are taking your children, consider going on Monday Family Night from 4-8 pm. There will be a variety of fun games and crafts available for your family to participate in. The weekend is also a good time to go; between 10 am and 8 pm on Friday and Saturday, there are free bounce houses and other crafts and games in the Tulip Tot Playland. But really, the flowers and scenery are so beautiful, your entire family will love going any time of day, any day of the week. There are plenty of opportunities for the little ones to pose and be cute for photographs, and hundreds of different types of tulips and flowers to photograph. You can even rent a golf cart if you think little (or older) legs might get tired of walking.
3. If you have a nice camera, BRING IT! We forgot ours and I felt terrible. I did the best I could with my phone for photos, but really, a DLSR camera would have been a much better option.
4. Go in the evening (after nap time if you have kids). It will be a little cooler, and the crowds will have died down a bit. There are vendors in the Festival Market surrounding the Waterfall Amphitheater, so you can even plan to go during dinner time and enjoy a delicious meal. Just make sure you have about 2-3 hours AT LEAST to wander around the gardens.
5. It looks like there will be rain this week, so make sure you take an umbrella. The paths are mostly paved, but there are some that are gravel, so keep in mind your feet might get wet and shoes might get a little dirty.
6. Speaking of shoes, wear comfortable shoes! Unless you rent a golf cart, you’re going to be doing quite a bit of walking.
7. Consider bringing some cash to support the vendors in the Festival Market and Tulip Tot Playground. You might also want some quarters to purchase fish food at the pond. The fish are amazing!
8. Bring a water bottle. You’re bound to get thirsty while you’re walking around. There are water fountains where you can fill up if you run out, too.
In addition to the colorful blooms, Thanksgiving Point’s Tulip Festival includes the following activities.
- American Heritage Lyceum Philharmonic – May 6
The Tulip Festival closes with a fantastic finish with this amazing concert on May 6th. The American Heritage Lyceum Orchestra performs against a gorgeous garden backdrop you won’t want to miss. Special Musical Guests, Simply Three, will bring their captivating classical crossovers. Concert is included with admission.
- Tulip Festival Photo Contest – April 7-May 6
Professional and amateur photographers are invited to submit their favorite shots from the 2017 Tulip Festival for a chance to win prizes like a Thanksgiving Point Family membership. Guests need to use the “#tuliparty” hashtag and post to various social media channels to qualify.
Congrats to Sara Roberts! You are our winner! Please check your email.
One lucky Utah Sweet Savings Follower will win 4 tickets to The Tulip Festival! Just comment below with your favorite thing about spring. Then make it official on the Rafflecopter below. There are extra ways to earn extra entries, so do as many as you can to get the best chance a winning. Good Luck!