This post is sponsored by ValpakOctober is almost here and it is Breast Cancer Awareness month! I am a huge supporter of breast health!
Let me officially introduce myself, My name is Tiffani Hansen. I was born and raised in Utah and currently raising my family here. My husband and I have 4 Children. I love the outdoors and living life to its fullest! I really enjoy running outdoors, it brings so much joy to my soul.
I’ve been working for Utah Sweet Savings behind the scenes for the last few years and I’m so excited to be sharing my story with you.
When I was 15 my mother was diagnosed with Breast cancer and fought a long and hard battle for 7 years until the time of her passing, I was 22. When I turned 30 I noticed something was not right with my health. I sat with this thought for 4 and a half months until I finally called a doctor. Within 4 days after that phone call, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. There was NOT a single lump on my breast and only through a mammogram was I able to be diagnosed.
Two weeks later I had a bilateral mastectomy with 3 tiny little kids, a 5-year-old, a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old! Can you imagine? I still can’t! Having breast cancer was one of the hardest, physically draining, and emotional things I have had to face, but what it has done for me is the biggest blessing I have ever received! I have a new found love for service to my fellow man and understand the importance of donating to charities that you might not fully understand. I know that even the small donations add up!
I’d love to share how the Susan G. Komen foundation helped me! Through this foundation I was donated 9 months of housekeeping services two times a week, the Komen foundation paid for it all. I was able to rest in a clean house, heal, and become strong enough to take care of my family. I was also given a trip to Park City to unite with other women my age facing the same challenges I was. This was life changing and I truly made lifelong friends in one single weekend. I was the only person from Utah the others were from all over the U.S.
This year, Valpak has joined the 2018 Komen Utah More than Pink Walk Saturday, November 3, 2018
- Valpak has joined the community of bold companies that share in the vision of Susan G. Komen for a world without breast cancer. To amplify awareness around this common vision, Valpak will turn its Blue Envelope pink this October during Breast Cancer Awareness Month while also working to raise local awareness within the communities that they serve and funds in support of the fight to end breast cancer.
- The partnership has been developed to support women and men who have or will develop breast cancer in their lifetime and their loved ones and families.
- In 2018, Valpak will donate at least $50,000 to Komen and will encourage donations and support activations through local and corporate partners.
- Join the Valpak team and race for the cure in your community while celebrating survivorship and honoring those who have lost their battle with the disease.
There are Races all around to country to join and you can find them all HERE.
Here’s the info for Utah:
2018 Komen Utah More than Pink Walk on Saturday, November 3, 2018
Sugar House Park 1330 E. 2100 South Salt Lake City, UT 84106
All of us here at Utah Sweet Savings encourage all of our followers to register! Just use code DealPro at checkout to get $5 off your registration!
|7:30 AM:||Registration Opens
(Those raising $100 or more may also pick up their t-shirts at the t-shirt tent)
|9:00 AM:||Opening Ceremony & Walk Begins
(Featuring a warm up and honoring of Survivors and those living with Metastatic breast cancer)
|10:00 AM:||Post Walk Celebration, featuring the Get Air Family Entertainment Center|
Valpak is not only helping to sponsor these walks, but they are offering some sweet giveaways too!
Valpak’s pink envelope will highlight celebrity chef Sandra Lee, a breast cancer survivor, and advocate for women’s health, as a “More Than Pink® Hero.” The pink envelope will introduce a related sweepstakes, inviting consumers to nominate a hero who has taken action in the fight against breast cancer.
Throughout the month of October, Valpak will share the submitted stories and ultimately 25 lucky winners will each receive a set of pink KitchenAid appliances in support of Cook for the Cure®. The set includes a stand mixer, blender, 2-speed hand blender and a 5-speed hand mixer with a total retail value of over $800. The nationwide October Valpak envelope will also feature a special surprise for 500 lucky recipients, who will instantly win an immersion blender courtesy of KitchenAid by looking through their pink Valpak envelopes and finding a die-cut certificate shaped like an immersion blender.
About the Komen Events:
- Race for the Cure:
- The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series is the world’s largest and most successful education and fundraising event for breast cancer ever created.
- The series of 5K runs and fitness walks raises significant funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.
- The Komen Race Series welcomes people of all ages and fitness levels, from walkers to elite runners.
- More Than Pink Walk:
A handful of locations across the country were chosen to pilot test a new Susan G. Komen More Than Pink® Walk event, which along with a new name, will include a fresh new look and experience, focused on energizing the community around the lifesaving work Komen’s supporters make possible.
- The biggest difference is that the More Than Pink Walk will no longer have a run element. We believe the new walk will create a greater sense of community among participants and provide a more personalized, emotional experience for all who attend. And by focusing on the walk, we can maximize the amount of funds raised by the event to support our work to save lives and end breast cancer.
- This change is part of the ongoing evolution of Susan G. Komen and builds on Komen’s successful and engaging More Than Pink brand platform first introduced in 2016 with the premise that if pink = awareness, then More Than Pink = action. Being More Than Pink is a proactive call to do more in the fight against breast cancer – MORE for research, MORE for our communities, MORE for caring for those living with breast cancer – especially metastatic breast cancer – and give MORE encouragement to take action to find the cures.
- Komen 3-Day:
- A three-day, 60-mile walk that’s making a real difference in the fight against breast cancer. In 2016, Susan G. Komen® announced a Bold Goal—to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. by 2026. That’s why we walk, and why we raise money—to make that goal a reality.
Pink is more than just a color; it represents the impact that each person is making in the fight against breast cancer. This impact makes you More Than Pink®. Over the past 15 years and 163 events, the money we’ve raised has been used to help save lives, support community programs, and make huge strides in breast cancer research.