Heads up! Amazon has announced that it will be increasing its Prime Membership to $99/year in just 7 days. If you’ve been on the fence about getting a Prime Membership, now is the time to do it before that price hike to lock in the $79 rate for your first year. You’ll still receive a 30-day free trial as well. *Amazon Student will be increasing from $39 to $49/year.
We personally think an Amazon Prime Membership is well worth the cost. You can also find one (or a few) family members or friends that you trust to split it with to share the cost. One person will need to pay for Prime and then add the other people on to their Prime account (don’t worry, they still get to use their own account to purchase items). If you need help with this, or want more info, just email us at [email protected] and we can give you more details! So, here is what your Prime account will get you:
- Free 2 Day Shipping on qualifying items (will say “Ships Free with Prime” next to the price). This will be everything that Amazon sells directly. It might also be sold by different companies that have partnered up with Amazon to offer the Prime shipping. Honestly, the best deals out there have this Prime option, so it really is worth it! If you split the Prime cost with someone else, you will EASILY make up the cost of the membership!
- Additional shipping savings on overnight, Sunday, or express delivery. You will only pay $3.99 for next day shipping! This is super nice if you need something fast. It doesn’t matter how large or heavy the item. We had a dog run shipped overnight! Awesome!
- Instant streaming of videos and movies at no additional charge! Check out Amazon’s instant movies! There are tons and with the Prime account tons of them are FREE! You can also download their app and watch on your Kindle Fire, Android Device, Roku, ect. They just added content from MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, TV Land, and VH1 — adding 2,000 new titles to Prime Instant Video. Together with the existing movies and shows from CBS, Fox, Disney-ABC, PBS, NBC, Sony, and Warner Bros., they now offer, at no additional cost, unlimited instant streaming of more than 15,000 titles.
- Thousands of titles from Kindle “Lending Library” including current and former NY Times Bestsellers. As a Prime member you can “borrow” books for free! Yup, FREE! Download them and “borrow” for as long as you like. As frequently as a book a month, with no due dates.
- 1 click purchases. Fast and Easy! Love it!
- See all details here – You can sign up for One Month FREE to try it out!