I was just notified that there will be a Ground Beef Event from Zaycon Foods going on in Southern Utah / Southern NV in the next few weeks were you can pick up some awesome quality ground beef for just $3.49 per pound. (There are also Fully-Cooked Breaded Chicken Tenders, Buffalo Wings and Bacon for sale in several parts of the country.)
Zaycon sells large quantities to customers and ships one large truck to a central location – cutting out the grocery store middle man – so you get a good price on high quality meats. Rather than tell you all the disgusting things about most ground beef, I’ll just give you a list of all the perks with this one:
- LFTB Free (no pink slime)
- The beef cattle have a grass diet which is supplemented by grain after they reach approximately 700 pounds.
- There are no hormones or antibiotics in the beef and it is 100% grown in the USA.
- There are no chemicals, additives or water added to meat during processing.
- Processed at a USDA-inspected, state-of-the-art plant employing strict operating protocols (including HACCP) and the highest in food-safety standards
- Prior to processing, inspectors from the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service randomly sample cattle under a monitoring plan and perform testing for antibiotic residues.
- USDA nutrition labeling standards defines “extra lean” and “lean” ground beef based on the lean/fat ratio. While not part of these guidelines, the term “super lean” is often used in the grocery sector to describe ground beef at the upper end of the “lean” category (i.e., “Zaycon Foods 93/7 Super Lean Ground Beef”). This ground beef product is 93% lean and 7% fat
- Comes in a 40-lb case with four 10-lb chubs per case
If you have a deep freezer, order enough to get your family through a few months OR split the pack with neighbor. To see what events are going on in your area (or to be notified by email when a truck will be in your area) head over to Zaycon Foods and enter your location.