The Disneyland Resort has announced Halloween Time is returning, and everything sounds frightfully delightful! Festivities start September 3 and run through October 31.
Disneyland Park will have the famous Mickey Mouse jack-o-lantern, carved pumpkins and Halloween decorations, galore, and a special “Halloween Screams” show with fireworks on the weekend!
Disney California Adventure Park will feature the a Haul-O-Ween makeover in Cars Land, transforming it from Radiator Springs to Radiator Screams. Guardians of the Galaxy will change to Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark at night, and our favorite characters will be wearing the cutest old-fashioned Halloween costumes. Look for the Headless Horseman statue on Buena Vista Street, and stop by the Plaza de la Familia for “A Musical Celebration of Coco.”
I took my kids in October 2019 during the holiday season, and it was SO FUN!
Don’t miss out on their clever Halloween treats, too!
One thing I’ve never done but I plan on doing when we visit this October, is the Oogie Boogie Bash!
Tickets are available to the general public for their special Halloween Party, Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure Park on July 13.
- This party runs on select Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays (as well as two Saturdays on September 11 and October 30) from September 9 to October 31 from 6 pm to 11 pm.
- To attend the Bash, you’ll need a special event ticket separate from your regular theme park ticket. It costs $114 to $169 per person depending on the day you plan on attending.
- You’ll be able to enter the theme park at 3 pm.
- You can purchase your tickets online until the day before the event or till sold out.
- Tickets are required for ages 3 and up, and all children must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older for the entire event.
- This is one of the only times adults can dress up at Disneyland, but there are still certain guidelines that must be followed, so make sure you check those out.
This spectacular party will include the following events:
- Villains Grove at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail will feature specially themed decorations for the worlds of Disney Villians including Scar, Ursula, and the Queen of Hearts
- Immersive Treat Trails, trick-or-treating like no other along themed treat trails with Disney Villains Oogie Boogie, Maleficent, and more
- Meet popular Characters all dressed up for Halloween
- Frightfully Fun Parade featuring all of your favorite Disney Characters in Halloween costumes plus special appearances from Villains and Characters from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
- Mickey’s Trick & Treat Show with family-friendly Halloween stories
- Carthay Circle will be encircled in a cloud of black bats
- Photo Ops, Disney PhotoPass photographers will be available to capture unforgettable memories
It’s anticipated that tickets for the Oogie Boogie Bash will go fast, so we recommend being ready to go with a Disney account to expedite the process for you. You might already have an account if you’ve ever gone to Disneyland or Disney World or any other Disney resort, played Disney games on a computer or device, shopped at shopDisney (formerly the Disney Store online), or even watched movies on Disney Movies Anywhere. You can create your Disney account HERE.
If you’re going to Disneyland anyway, chances are you’ll want to plan an entire vacation around it. We highly recommend Get Away Today to help you with your vacation planning. They will be able to help you experience Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort to its fullest! Get Away Today can help you save on your vacation with their Extra Night Free hotel specials. Give them a call at 1-855-GET-AWAY (don’t forget to mention you’re a Utah Sweet Savings reader for an extra $10 off your vacation package) or make your reservation HERE and use code UtahSweet10 to get an extra $10 off your vacation package!
Plus, you can get an Extra Day Free to experience it all when you purchase your tickets with Get Away Today. When you buy a 5-Day Disneyland® Resort 1-Park per Day or Park Hopper® Ticket, you’ll just pay the 4-Day gate price. That’s a $20 savings per ticket – and a whole extra day of fun for FREE!