Last weekend I had the opportunity to see Sister Act at Hale Centre Theatre. As many of you know, I have season tickets to Hale Centre Theatre. Hale puts on the most AMAZING shows and the price is extraordinary for the caliber of show. For years now we have loved watching shows like Big Fish, The Little Mermaid, Les Misérables, Tale of Two Cities, Oliver, and many many more at their location in West Valley.
I have taken a few back stage tours of the West Valley location and it’s amazing what they are able to do in that space. But many of you have also noticed that the West Valley City location has become too small. Hale Centre sells out every night and there is so much more they could do in a larger space.
Enter Sandy City. As many of you have seen from the freeway, Hale Centre Theatre is building a brand new theatre off the freeway in Sandy. And I’m so excited! I’ve been learning about this theatre for a year now and I’m just giddy!! The above picture is what it looked like from the air on August 23, 2016.
Why is it so big? Because they are going to be able to do CRAZY amazing things!!
There will be no other Theatre in the world that will have this kind of technology!!
Here’s a model of what the inside of the theatre will look like. See that HUGE space above. they are going to be able to move in entire scenes from above and below while the audience watches. It will be magical! There is a giant pit that goes underground almost has much as the building is high!
Just watch this video –
If you really want to know the technical stuff, check this out! It gives you a small idea of what the stage will be capable of.
It really will be amazing and I’m giddy to see my first show. The caliber of shows is already so amazing at Hale, my mind can’t even comprehend what will be up next for theater lovers like myself.
Here are a few question and answers about the new Theatre.
How big is the current Hale Centre Theatre?
- The current theatre in West Valley City is 42,000 square feet and seats 613 patrons in one theatre.
How big is the new building?
- The new Sandy City Theatre is 130,000 square feet
- There will be two new state-of- the-art stages under one roof for a combined total of 1360 seats
What types of stages will there be?
- The new Hale Centre Theatre will feature a new Centre Stage which will comfortably seat 900 patrons and a new horseshoe shaped Jewel Box stage which will comfortably seat 460 patrons.
What improvements can patrons look forward to in the new Sandy theatre?
- Stage automation and flying systems in the Centre Stage theatre will be unmatched world-wide.
- The Jewel Box stage, proscenium thrust, arcs into the audience in an engaging way that will allow HCT to present theatre that is best show-cased in this format.
- With two stages operating at the same time, patrons will be able to attend productions year-round.
- Very comfortable seating will offer plenty of legroom with optimal sightlines.
- More than enough bathroom facilities – no more waiting in long lines
- Luxurious hosting rooms for private receptions pre-show dinners
- Patrons will enjoy a beautiful park complete with stunning fountains, generously provided by Sandy City
- Parking – There will be plenty of free covered parking adjacent to the building, allowing patrons to get from car to theatre without stepping into the elements.
How will this move impact ticket prices?
- Over the years, ticket prices have increased as expenses have gone up. HCT is pleased to announce that with new additional seating, ticket prices will range from as low as $14 per ticket (Youth Season Ticket ages 5-17) to as high as $39 (Adult single ticket). Adult Season Tickets are still available for under $30 per performance. Please see hct.org for additional pricing information.
- Future ticket price increases are far less than they would have been due to additional seating in the new Sandy location.
Where is the new theatre located?
- The new theatre is conveniently located adjacent to Interstate 15 on the east side at 9900 Monroe Street, Sandy City, Utah. It is located near many restaurants, retailers and hotels.
How many performances are there each year in the current West Valley City location?
- Hale Centre Theatre has been operating at full capacity since 2004 with more than 400 performances a year.
How many performances will there be each year in the new Hale Centre?
- The new theatre in Sandy is anticipated to provide more than 700 performances a year between the two stages.
What is the timeline for the new theatre?
- Jewel Box stage grand opening – September 2017
- Centre Stage grand opening – November 2017
How can people contribute?
- The Theatre welcomes your contributions and participation. You can simply call the development office at 801.415.2340 or visit www.hct.org or donate.hct.org to make your contribution.
- Levels of contributions include:
- Hales Angels
- Make a donation of $1,500 and participate in a VIP Group event, season tickets and exclusive insider events
- Founder’s Club
- Donate $5,000 and get red carpet treatment, season tickets, pre-show dinners, Club Room access, reserved parking and advertising packages
- Friends of HCT
- $100 – Name plaque on recognition wall in new theatre
- $250 – Name plaque on recognition wall in new theatre and a HCT 2016 yearbook
- $500 – Name plaque on recognition wall in new theatre, a HCT 2016 yearbook and invitation to annual HCT Gala
- For a limited time, patrons who make a donation of $100 or more while attending a performance, may receive two complimentary drink vouchers and the above benefits.
- Hales Angels
Congrats to Marissa Fisher. You are our winner!
One lucky winner will win 2 ticket to see Sister Act over Thanksgiving weekend! You will be able to choose from the following performances:
- Friday, Nov 25 at 7:30pm
- Sat, Nov 26 at 12:30pm
- Sat, Nov 26 at 4:00pm
- Sat, Nov 26 at 7:30pm
To enter, head on over HERE and check out next year’s schedule. Then come back and comment below and let me know which show you are most exited to see. Then make sure to make it all official on the rafflecopter below. There are even more ways to enter, so do as many as you can to have the best chance at winning. Good Luck!
See you at the Theatre!