If you haven’t been to the Living Planet Aquarium in Draper this summer you have to add it to your must see list! The Living Planet Aquarium invited me and my family to check it out yesterday and I have to say that it didn’t disappoint! This was my first trip to the Aquarium and I was amazed!!! I took my five kids (ages 2-13) and they all loved every minute.
- Visit the Aquarium this summer, and you’ll see and experience:
- Ecosystems from around the world, including Journey to South America, Expedition: Asia, the Deep Sea, the South Pole, the Ocean and more.
I knew we were going to see a lot of fish but I had no idea how much more was there! The exhibits took us on a trip around the world. We got to visit some really cool ecosystems and see and interact with all kinds of animals. Here are the highlights from our visit to the Living Planet Aquarium.
My kids loved playing in the rock formations and seeing the river otters. They have rangers at every exhibit that tell you about the animals and answer questions. My kids loved hearing the story about how the Otter Triplets came to live at the aquarium. They were so cute!!
Journey to South America
If you like birds you will love this ecosystem. My kids also liked the giant river fish. Make sure you check the calendar of events before planning your trip so you can see them feed these monster fish. It’s super cool. Oh, and don’t miss walking across the suspension rope bridge!!
Expedition to Asia
Did you know the aquarium has jungle cats as residents? Well they do, and they are awesome. They are my girls favorites for sure. My youngest keeps asking when we will get one of our own now.
Penguin Research Station
My kids were super excited to see the penguins and they did not disappoint. They could have watched them swim, dive and waddle for hours.
You will want to visit this summer so you can see the baby penguin (while it’s still a baby). It was so cute and fluffy. We got to watch the mommy penguin feed her as the Daddy stood watch. It was a once in a lifetime experience.
This hands on exhibit got tons of smiles from my kids.
This was one of the highlights for sure! The tunnel was so cool and the shark tank itself was huge!! Once again, my kids could have watched these amazing creatures for hours. You want to time your visit to the Sharks when they have a feeding. I hear it’s really cool to watch them eat. My girls were sad we missed it, so we will be planning a return visit for sure!
I know you are all super excited to visit the aquarium so here are some tips for making the most out of your visit:
- The aquarium is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Parking is plentiful and free.
- Children 2 and under are free and the aquarium is very stroller friendly.
- Military, Teens, Students and Seniors get discounted admission.
- Check the calendar of events before you go to make sure you are there for the FREE events like Animal Feeds, Animal Meet and Greets (my kids loved this), Story Time, Education Lectures and more.
- There’s always something exciting happening at the Aquarium. In July they’ll be celebrating Shark Week!
- Go on Monday Night!! The Aquarium has $5 Off Family Night every Monday, where guest can get $5 off regular admission prices after 4:00 p.m. and the Aquarium is open until 8:00 p.m.
We loved the aquarium and my kids are already begging me to take them again.
Follow The Living Planet Aquarium on Social Media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thelivingplanetaquarium/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LivingPlanetUT
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovelandlivingplanet/